Wednesday 1 February 2012

A Card for the Sugar Nellie Challenge on Facebook

Good Afternoon Everyone, Im not sure how many of you are aware that Sugar Nellie have a Weekly Challenge on Facebook, they are set on Sunday and then you have the week to make up your card, and this week its a colour challenge, where you are given a list of colours to use on your card, this weeks one is with the following ones:-
And I have used this sweet image of Pippi Longstocking with her frog for my card, Ive coloured her with copic and tria pens, then used the Nestabilitie Die No.8 to cut her out then draw around the die to create the mount.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of peach card, the papers I have used are from the Sweet Shoppe Digi Downloads and this one is by Cato Cardall and its called "Friends by Choice" and dont you think thats ironic with this particular image, I know I wouldnt choose a frog for my companion, though I do have a toad that lives in my garden during the summer and makes me jump whether I accidently disturb him.
The flowers were created from some of the papers in greens and pieces and rolled into flowers, they are by Die-namics, and the punched out leaves are by Martha Stewart. Ive also used one of the Cheery Lynn Doilie dies for the two layers behind the image.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://anythingchallenge.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftysentiments.blogspot.com/
http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.com/
http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.com/
http://karensdoodlesnetherlandschallenge.blogspot.com/
http://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/
http://partytimetuesdays.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful the colors and your decoration
Hugs
Elma

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Shirley love the colours and a very sweet image
hope your keeping warm!
Anne

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, I love this image and the colour palette is beautiful x

CraftyC said...

This is so sweet Shirley, adore the colours and such a cute image!
Clairexx

Pat N. said...

Very cute! Pretty colors and papers. Nice job. Thanks for entering the DCD Challenge this week--Pat N.

Anne said...

Brilliant! Hugs x

Mina said...

ooooohhhhh I love love love that colour combo Shirley...you used it perfectly as always...I must have a hunt through my papers and see what I have in those colours
Mina xxx

Melodie said...

OMG, the little creature with huge wings is totally cute. Your card has once again become beautiful.
Hugs
Melodie

paper fun said...

I love that peach color scheme. It is so soft and sweet.

Adorable image and colored so pretty.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Ellen said...

Fabulous card, love those colours.
Thanks for joining us at Elke Kaart een Feestje!
Ellen

coldwaters2 said...

This is beautiful Shirley I love, love that cute image and those gorgeous flowers, the colours and design look superb.
hugs
Lorraine x

Debbie said...

This is adorable, love that little frog!!!

Debbie

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, just adorable, love the colours!

A big thank you for sharing with us this week over at crafty sentiments, Punches &/or dies challenge this week!

Good luck!

Jo xxx

marja said...

What a gorgeous card!!
Thanks for joining us at Elke Kaart een Feestje!

Hugs Marja.

Cre8tiveVet said...

What a beautiful color combination! I love what you have done with the challenge. Thanks for joining us at DCD.
-Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

*mieke* said...

Lovely card and nice colors!
THNX for joining us at Elke kaart een feestje this week!
Husg Mieke

Andie's Space said...

Hi Shirley,
What a gorgeous card. Such a sweet image & gorgeous colour scheme. I love it! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Shirley,
What a gorgeous card. Such a sweet image & gorgeous colour scheme. I love it! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs,
Andie xx