Thursday 2 August 2012

A Card for Sugary Sunday and Sugar Bowl Challenges

Good Afternoon Crafters, I know, I know Ive not been very good at posting over the last week but as usual Ive been busy with DT Challenge posts and they do take time to write up, anyway I have at least created a couple of cards, this one for this weeks Sugary Sunday's "Pearls and Pins" and another for the Sugar Bowl "Sketch" Challenge, anyway I have used this sweet image and I believe its one of Elizabeth Bells, its an old one of Funky Kits and I have unfortunately lost the name of her so I hope you will forgive me. Ive stamped her onto white card then used my copic pens to colour her, afterwards I used a Rectangle Die from Nestabilitie. I then cut a large one for the mount, the sentiment is one from my stash and has been mounted in the same way as the image.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of blue card, the papers I have used are from Echo Parks "So Happy" paper set, the background one is a green/blue paper, and the second is a yellow spot one and the third a patchwork one of several colours, these were all layered up as the sketch require. To finish of I has popped three pearls down the bottom left hand corner, and with some left over paper I have used a Marianne punch I have layered up three separate flowers and attached them to the card with silicone glue on top of some punched out leaves, Ive also popped two yellow heart pins in the middle, I also put three pearl brads in the center of the flowers.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

so nice Shirley!
Today is terrible.-.. no time for anything!
Hugs
Elma

Sarah said...

Absolutely stunning card Shirley, love the summery colours x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Shirley what a pretty card and your image is gorgeous....love your flowers...

Anne

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Shirley this is so beautiful I do love that image, those papers and the flower display look stunning.
Hugs
Lorraine x

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful card Shirley, the image is gorgeous and you have coloured it beautifully
Thanks for playing along with the Ladybugs Summer Fun challenge at LCI and I hope you will join us again
Hugs Laurie x

Melodie said...

Fabolous card, dear Shirley, the papers are great and I love this image.
Hugs
Melodie

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, fab papers & colours!

Thank you for sharing with us at Divas this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

AnnMarie said...

Cute, cute, cute card!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

Carol L said...

Your card is just precious! I love all the hexagons and pretty floral arrangement with stickpins!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! Such an adorable image and perfectly colored. Love the dp you chose to go with her as well. Thanks for joining us this week at The Perfect Sentiment!

Tracey said...

How pretty is this! I love everything about this card Shirley, especially the patchwork flowers :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous card hugs sassy xx

Margaret said...

What a stunning card. Love the image and your coloring. Those are some beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment.

Jennipher said...

that image is darling and i love the bouquet of flowers. thanks for playing at the perfect sentiment.

Julie said...

Summery papers, summery image...... just perfect! Thanks for sharing with the Ladybugs summer fun challenge! Hope you join us again next time, Julie.x