Sunday 12 April 2015

A card for Sundays with Santa "Anything Goes"

Thank you for those lovely comments on my creations from my Craft Retreat, Im in the throws of trying the Bleeding Art Canvas but discovered I must wait for some stencils I have ordered, isnt it always the same you just get started on something only to discover you havent got all the things you need to see it through. Hopefully they will arrive sometime next week so I can carry on and finish it, I will let you see the results once its finished.
Anyway the card today was created for Facebooks Sundays with Santa weekly Challenge, and this week was all about "Anything Goes", and for this I have used a idea from Sue Wilson and adapted it to suit my Xmas theme. The red background has been embossed and then I have used a piece of gold card and one of her beautiful edge dies on each end of the card, I then cut it down to fit as you can see in the photo. I placed it on top of the embossed red card.
This was then placed on a piece of pierced white card and this on top of a black one. I then stamped the sentiment and cut it with one of my Nestabilitie label die and cut out the poinsetta several times and layered them up to create the three flowers that were placed in the top left hand corner and tucked the sentiment underneath one of the leaves which were punched out of green paper.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://suzysmarty1.blogspot.co.uk/
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

7 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Great card Shirley

Jacee said...

What a stunning card Shirley, so striking, I love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Birgit said...

This is really pretty with the red embossed in the middle and the poinsettia-really pretty

Ruth said...

Love the poinsettias!

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 58 with your lovely creation - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT and thanks also for sharing this for CHNC challenge extra for April- we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 224 - hope to see you again soon

Planetsusie said...

OOh Shirley - this is so rich and elegant, I love those dies! Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Add a sentiment) Challenge this month, lots of luck.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT